Florida  |  Family Law

Cheated bad on suport

I don't think this question is in the right spot but I couldn't find any where else. I recieved a letter from NYS Suport collection saying, As a result of an inquiry the suport collection unit has adjusted my account do to Fed Tax monies recieved by the state of Florida were not acknowledged and reported to My county. As a result I now have a substantial credit and do not have to pay anything for 1 year and 5 months. My Question the last time I filed Fed Tax was about 4 years ago. Sence then I have been taken to court for falling behind on my suport Had judgments against me had my Driving License suspended and realy caused me alot of trouble and I was acctualy never behind do to Florida never told my county about the Tax check. Is there anything I can do leaguly for there BIG MISTAKE

Answered on: 6/09/02, 11:50 am by Sanford Martin

Re: Cheated bad on suport

It is unlikely that you can make any claim now. You should keep records of the problems caused by the failure in the support system because such mistakes are common.

Martin Law Office 2500 Airport Rd. Suite 315 Naples, FL 34112-4882