Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/19/07, 6:53 pm

child custody

if my 16 year old son wants to live

with, and i have joint custody do i

need to go to court and fight for him

or is there a legal age when he can


1 Answer

Answered on: 8/19/07, 9:52 pm by Scott R. Jay

Re: child custody

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

The legal age is the age of majority or 18. Until that time, both you and your son are bound by the court's order determining custody. If you want to change the custody arrangements, you will need to go to court and attempt to get the custody order modified.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Scott R. Jay 1575 Northeast 205th Street Miami, FL 33179-2133

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search