Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/22/13, 6:26 am

My daughter was abused by a roomate a number of years ago. A while after i spanked her for a wrong doing that was non abusive according to cps, however my ex took it to court claiming abuse and the judge upheld it and took legal rights away with supervised visits. My ex moved them from california to nevada shortly after. As long as i have played by his rules and never questioned him he has let me see and talk to the kids unsupervised. However he has lost all controll over my daughter and is now spanking her after he convienced her i abused her by doing such. She called me scared and Confused and for months has been begging to live with me. Because i told my daughter what her dad was doing wasnt right, and he found out, he will no.longer let me talk to my children without listening in and he has to control the conversation. i need help desperatly!

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/24/13, 2:39 am by John Smitten

The kids do not live in FL so you have to file your case to enforce your rights in the state where they live - Nevada.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search