Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/21/13, 7:16 am

My ex-husband died in a car accident and I'm trying to file a lawsuit for wrongful death on behalf of our 3 daughters. Can I have executor over their settlement or will his mother have to have executor? I want my children to be able to benefit from the settlement right away. I don't want to have to put it in a trust snd wait until they are 18 and up for them to start benefitting from it. They are ages 9, 8, and 5. If I have to put it in a trust for them then that's what I will do but I definitely do not want his mother to have power over their money.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search