Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My soon to be ex-wife obtained all of my mother's financial records electronically, and made copies of them (trusts, banking, etc.), without a court order. She is not an authorized person on any of my mother's accounts, not a beneficiary or trustee. I am in the state of FL. Is this not illegal??

Asked on 9/19/13, 1:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes it could be considered theft so contact the authorities, or file a motion in family court.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 2:30 am
Thomas Rosenblum Rosenblum Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hey: It would seem to be improperly obtained material. I would immediately contact the bank or financial inst. to ask if they were contacted by her or involved in this. If not, you should attempt to find out how she got the docs. If the Financial institutions weren't involved, you may need to contact sheriff's office. Good luick. Tom Rosenblum

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 9:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now