Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Since the federal government is acknowledging same legal sex marriages regardless of state of residency, if a couple decides to get married out of their state of residency in a state where same sex marriage is legal and decides to change their name, is the name change legal in their state of residency even though their state of residency doesn't recognize same sex marriages ?

Asked on 9/06/13, 11:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

FL does not recognize same sex marriage. The name change FL will recognize.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/13, 3:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now