Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am looking for a Florida state statute that will support my claim that I do not need to serve the non-custodial parent to change my children's names because:

a. There is a permanent injunction against him since 2000 for me and his children;

b. I have sole parental custody & responsibility.

If you would, please let me know if there may be a statute to support my claim. I would hate to have to serve my children's abuser to let him know their new names.

Asked on 8/31/13, 1:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I am unaware of any such statute.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 2:49 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to obtain service of process or written consent from the other parent.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now