Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/17/13, 3:38 pm

My husband is facing incarceration because of of back child support. The child has turned 18. Can he be incarcerated for the arrears. He's been partially employed and unemployed for the past few years. We've made some payments as the judge ordered, "just do something", but his ex wife thinks it's not enough and has petitioned the court to find him in contempt. Can he legally be incarcerated if he does not have the ability to pay? I only bring home $800 a month at this time.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search