Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My husband and his ex wife share custody of their now 12yr old daughter. They have joint custody, and she sent him a letter stating that she was moving out of state with their daughter. At that time she was living several counties away and was unable to attend the hearing but did try to call the judge to voice his objections. By the time the hearing came, she had already moved to Alabama with their daughter, and he has only seen her once in two years. What would his recourse be? We want to see his daughter. Please help.

Asked on 6/20/13, 6:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He needs to file a motion asap if he wants to enforce his rights

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 5:01 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A 2 year wait may work against him.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 5:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now