Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I live in the State of Florida & my Final Order on Stipulation for Paternity & Support states that Pursuant to Section 742.031 (2) FL Statutes (1997), if this judgement of paternity contains no explicit award of custody, the establishment of a support obligation or of visitation rights in one parent shall be considered a judgement granting primary residential care and custody of the minor child named herein to the parent or guardian receiving the support. If a paternity judgement contains no such provisions, custody shall be presumed to be with the mother.

So my question is what kind of custody does the mother have? Does she have primary residential custody & full custody of of the minor child? Does that mean she has full rights as to medical treatment, travel ect?

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

The mother has full custody. If you wish to have visitation,you will need to Petition the court for it.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida