Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My roommate and I have restraining orders my wife, we are separated. She has violated the injunctions twice since June, and she keeps filing motions to Baker-Act me. The sheriff's dept keeps removing me from my home. I'm unemployed and need to get a divorce urgently, which she will not go along with. She does not want to be together, but she does not want me to move on either. What do I do?

Asked on 10/21/13, 5:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do not need her consent for a dissolution of marriage action. Florida law requires the marriage to be irretrievably broken.

Read more
10/21/13, 5:15 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It only takes one person to get a divorce. file for divorce. Get an attorney

Read more
10/21/13, 5:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now