Legal Question in Medical Leave in Florida

intermittent FMLA

I am on intermittent FMLA for headaches. I have always had very good eval's until I went on FMLA. My manager has since then gave me the worst review that you can get. He missed my midterm all together and just gave me and end of term review. My work hasn't changed...but I have been missing a lot of work lately. I have informed management that perfume and sprays cause my headaches which they haven't addressed with any other emplyees. They have now put me on an employee improvement plan. My last eval included untrue statements about my performance. I am certain this is because I have had to miss work and they would like to fire me. Prior to my eval. I spoke with my managers boss to inform them that I thought he was not treating me the same as other employees. I was told that I needed to work with him and have a better attitude. My managers last boss acknowleged that he was ''out to get me'' but she was soon transfered and was unable to address the issue. Is there something I can do about this?

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: intermittent FMLA

Try to improve and start looking for another job. Claims like this are very very very hard to prove and it is often easier to start planning for a job change than it is to start planning for a law suit.

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Florida

Family Medical Leave Act Legal Forms