Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

If my mom and I have an argument, Is it legal for her to kick me out of the house, which is my legal address, and take my key and lock the doors and tell me she'll call the cops if I don't leave?

Asked on 10/24/13, 6:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Are you a minor? If not, then Mom can define the occupants of her house. If you have some ownership interest in the home, then that would change the analysis. The police likely wont get involved in a civil dispute.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 8:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now