Florida  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/02/13, 7:54 am

In order for my French boyfriend and I to get married in France and have our marriage recognized in America, would I have to go back home to America at any point to file any paperwork or could the attorney I hire take care of all of that?

Do you know if France requires that I go back home to the US to apply for a marriage certificate through the French embassy in the US?

How long after our marriage can my boyfriend apply for US citizenship? Is the process difficult and expensive? (how long and how much approximately?)

How long would we have to stay married in order for us to keep our new citizenship in the other's respective country?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search