Florida  |  Employment Law

I have a question.

I worked for a tattoo shop. They did not pay me over a 2 months period and they told me they had not work and send me home. I found an other job at a competing tattoo shop. It turns out that the shop is on the non competing list which was in the contract. They try to hold me to that and forced me to stop working there for 6 weeks. They said they mailed the check with the back pay.

I believe that since they send me home did not have work for me and they did not pay there was a breach off contract and that they could not hold me to the contract.

Where do I stand and what to do. I do not have the means to fight this for long.

Answered on: 6/28/13, 6:38 pm by Scott Behren

I believe that by failing to pay you and give you hours, they breached any non-compete contract they may have had with you which would mean its not enforceable. Also under Florida law non competes may not be enforceable unless you received some special training or trade secrets. We have ways of fighting these things, feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further. My e-mail is scott@behrenlaw.com or my cell 954 295 7501.

Behren Law Firm 2893 Executive Park Drive-Suite 110 Weston, FL 33331