Florida  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

My air conditoner has broken down at 4 times over the 2-3 months. prior to that, it broke down about 3 or 4 times. It's old, and has not functioned properly since a couple of months after we moved in (we've been here about 15 months). Each time, it freezes up and there is a delay of 1-3 days before it's fixed. The last itme, there was leakage in the wall and I am afraid of mold as I have a 3 year old in the house. They told me not to worry about it. The air conditioning system needs to be replaced but they continue to apply "bandaids." My electric bill was $300 2 months ago, and $360 last month, over a hundred dollars more than the highest bill last year at the peak of the summer heat. This is a small place, a duplex around 1150 sq ft. I cannot get any help, and I cannot pay $300 plus electric bills. My husband was laid off in April and we are now a 1 income family. What recourse do I have?

Answered on: 6/28/12, 2:44 pm by Lucreita Becude

Look up Landlord Tenant rights in florida on the web. It will give you all the information you. If you can't find it, then go to the area legal aid in your county and they can provide the brochures you will need to use to solve your situation.

Lucreita D. Becude, P.A. 12469 Antler Hill Drive, N Jacksonville, FL 32224