Florida  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/04/13, 9:37 am

What can i do if my last apartment complex wont release my entire deposit because their last management didnt put my whole deposit on my file? they do have copies of the checks with the entire deposit that i initally submitted but they're still not giving it back, is it possible so me to sue them for my deposit, for being unprofessional, and for the emotional hoops i've had to jump through since i first leased with them?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/04/13, 9:40 am by Barry Stein

Your lease agreement controls. What does it say about the deposit to be paid and received? You can sue for the deposit return but not for unprofessionalism or emotional hoops. you can claim attorney's fee for the security deposit recovery so hire an attorney

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search