Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Florida

I hired a housekeeper who abandoned the job after a few months to take a cleaning job in another city with no notice and she has not returned my house key even though she said she would and she has not refunded my money. I paid her a month in advance and she did not show up to do the job. She will not answer my calls or respond to my texts anymore unless I call from another phone number. Are there any legal actions I can take?

Asked on 1/12/13, 9:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue her in small claims court. The costs of suing are around $200-300 plus service costs. It may not be worth it depending on what you paid.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/13, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now