Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Can I change the locks and put my boyfriend's stuff in the attached garage?

I have a verbally abusive boyfriend that I'm too intimidated by to break up with face-to-face. He calls me terrible names every day, criticizes me nonstop, and while he hasn't been physically violent with me, he has been with others in front of me.

I own my house. He spends most nights at my place and does the yard work, but has his own house 20 miles away and does not receive mail or pay bills at my house, with the exception of 1-2 packages. He has a lot of stuff (including a boat) at my house, too much for me to leave on his porch or transport on my own.

Can I change the locks, put all his belongings in the garage, and text him the garage PIN code while he's gone? This would keep all his stuff protected. Can I give him a time frame via text that he has to remove it? After all, it's dated written notice? Anything else I should consider?