Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/29/11, 6:35 pm

Florida `Who pays for Doc Stamps in "DEED in Lieu of Foreclosure"?

If I am underwater on my mortgage with Bank Of America and do a deed in lieu, who would be responsible for Doc Stamps.

If I am the bank and sell house and I am the Bank, then I am mortgagee and I assume I wouldnt pay Doc Stamps that Mortgagor would pay. Please advise

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search