Legal Question in Social Security Law in Florida

i have a brother that received benefits from social security for attention deficit disorder as a child. he received the benefits from the time he was in second grade until he was about 17yrs old. the social security office sent him to see a doctor, that said he was fine, then they discontinued his benefits. my brother has been dealing with a.d.d his whole life and now that he is a grown man its effecting him worst than before. what can we do to help my brother get the help that he needs.

Asked on 7/30/13, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He needs to reapply for Social Security Benefits. As he is now an adult he will be evaluated on Adult standards, not the Child standards. Hopefully he has continued to see his physicians, their support is of the utmost importance.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 12:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now