Legal Question in Social Security Law in Florida

i have a brother that received benefits from social security for attention deficit disorder as a child. he received the benefits from the time he was in second grade until he was about 17yrs old. the social security office sent him to see a doctor, that said he was fine, then they discontinued his benefits. my brother has been dealing with a.d.d his whole life and now that he is a grown man its effecting him worst than before. what can we do to help my brother get the help that he needs.

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

He needs to reapply for Social Security Benefits. As he is now an adult he will be evaluated on Adult standards, not the Child standards. Hopefully he has continued to see his physicians, their support is of the utmost importance.

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Florida