Florida  |  Traffic Law

This might be a little drawn out. I was pulled over for "Attached Tag not assigned"

I explained to the officer that I had been pulled over the previous day (a Saturday) and received a verbal warning to have the issue fixed as I myself had no idea the tag was incorrect. He had told be to take it to a tag office to sort it out ASAP now. Fast forward to the new pull over the next day and explaining this to him he does not believe my story. Stating all pull overs are taken into a database. But this happened in a county over and was only a verbal warning, so nothing was handed to me so how would he know?

Regardless, he stated he did not believe me and that I was just a guy who had no money to afford the tag. Next he had be out of the car and in cuffs. Proceeded to put me in his car and then talk out side with is buddy for 5-8min. Then took me out and said to sign a paper for court or he would arrest me now (stating to be giving me an option as this was my first offence) in shock I quickly signed. My court date is tomorrow and I need to get out of this fine of roughly $400.

I had no idea the tag was incorrect and fixed it 4 days after he pulled me over. Does he have to prove I 'knew it was wrong' or am I up creek without a paddle here...