Legal Question in Traffic Law in Florida

I work for a software outsourcing company from Europe and I have visited FL with a B1/B2 temporary visa in order to meet the clients that we are working with in order to get trained (not to work) for a new project.

A police officer pulled me over for speeding. He noticed that I have a foreign drivers licence. He asked me when did I get into the country and what is my purpose here. I answered that I came here in July 14 and I am training work related. He then told me that because I am past 30 days since I'm in FL and that I am training work related he has to give me a citation with a criminal offence because I was driving with an invalid licence (322.031).

I got the ticket and wrote a letter to the judge saying that I am leaving the country on Sunday before the court date; I've invoked the exceptions for not being required to have a FL drivers license, 322.04.

My question is what could/will happen? I want to resolve this. My employer is from Europe.

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

This is a misdemeanor and you can face up to 60 days jail. You need to have an attorney who may be able to negotiate this to a non-criminal infraction or other outcome. Don't try to do this yourself. Your ability to stay in the US may depend on this.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Florida