Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I need to file a Rule to show cause petition in the Florida Courts to obtain a copy of my mothers will he is holding to which I am entitled as I am challenging this will which I believe was changed through undue influence, the case in question is in Naples,Fla I live in Colorado and I need a copy of this will to which I am entitled and the lawyer is holding on to it and despite 3 requests will not release it

Asked on 6/17/11, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based on the facts described in your inquiry, you are likely an interested person in any probate action involving your mother's estate which would entitle you to a copy of the will. However, your specific question is not clear. Do you need assistance in drafting a show cause petition? Why is the lawyer reluctant to provide a copy of the will? If the estate is being administered in probate, has the court appointed a personal representative and is the personal representative represented by the described attorney? Advice: especially since you live in Colorado, if you desire to review and perhaps contest the will, you will benefit by being represented by an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/11, 4:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now