Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My parents put money in Cd's ITF for me back in 2002. I now take care of them and have a POA. Should I rewrite the CD's when they come do or are they safe from creditors, like a nursing home?

Asked on 3/18/10, 9:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank J. Pyle Probate Attorney Throughout Florida
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That would constitute them gifting the CDs, which would disqualify them for Medicaid for some period of time. Contact an elder law attorney before taking such action.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/10, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now