Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/18/10, 7:17 pm

How do you protest the validity of a will or trust ? My Father has a signed/notarized will from his Aunt Lois. However the will was "apparently" changed. My father would like the opportunity to compare documents.

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/24/10, 4:41 am by Kellen Bryant

The validity of a will/trust should be protested in the probate court where the probate proceedings are going on. There are strict deadlines to act, so time may be of the essence for your father to challenge the will.

If you want to compare documents. The will subject to probate should be in the court file, which is public record. All he has to do is go to the probate division in the county court where the probate is taking place and ask to review the file. He can compare his copy with the will on file.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of R. Kellen Bryant, P.L. 2033 Flesher Avenue Jacksonville, FL 32207

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search