Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/30/04, 1:39 am


My 17 year old has left our house and moved in with her biological mother without our permission. Biological mother lost all parental rights in court when child was 4, we adopted her when she was 10. What legal obiligations do we have to said child? Biological mother cannot sign anything for her.

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/30/04, 12:22 pm by Pearlie Bush

Re: adoption

If the child has been adopted, then you can have the child returned by the police. The 17 year old is still a minor. First, demand the biogical mother to return the child home. If she refuses, then have officers summoned to her home. She (the biological mother) may face serious charges. GOOD LUCK!

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search