Georgia  |  Family Law

I was awarded sole legal and physical custody of my grandson (now age 9) in Dec. 2005. Judge ordered child support to be paid by both parents and visitation was granted at my discretion. Father has more than complied with Order, but Mother disappeared until November 2011, at which time she was finally located and began paying support via DCSS enforcement. She now wants visitation, and I am inclined to deny same due to the fact that she has made no attempt whatsoever in the last 6 years (actually 7 years since she last saw him), and he has no memory of her. What choices do I have?

Answered on: 2/01/12, 10:58 am by SHERRY RAGOLE

If the mother brings the matter to court, the Judge will decide the matter based on the best interests of the child. You may wish to employ a family law attorney for assistance with resources that will assist you in making a decision. The attorney could also help you development of a strategy that will help insure that the Mother behaves in a consistent manner, if visitation is chosen.

RAGOLE & ASSOCIATES, LLC P. O. Box 769089 Roswell, GA 30076

Answered on: 2/01/12, 11:07 am by Glen Ashman

Bear in mind you can be in trouble if you fail to comply with a past court order unless the court changes it. You definitely need to consult with a lawyer immediately.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344