Georgia  |  DUI Law

driver license problems

I need to find out about georgia driving laws. in 1996 i was arrested for dui also poss narcotics opiates. i was arrested for both charges at the same time. my license is suspended for the dui now. the state is telling me i have to pay to have my license reinstated so they can start the new suspension for the poss narcotics opiates. can they suspend my license twice? both charges have the same case number. thank you for any help. this has been going on for 10 years now.

Answered on: 3/11/05, 8:44 am by Glenn M. Lyon, Esq.

Re: driver license problems

It would be difficult to give you an answer base don your fatcs. I would suggest contacting Sean McIlhinney at (404) 321-7733 or sean.law@mindspring.com.

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq.

MacGregor Lyon, LLC

Promenade II

1230 Peachtree Street NE

Suite 1900

Atlanta Georgia 30309

Phone 404.942.3545

Fax 404.795.0993

glyon@macgregorlyon.com

www.macgregorlyon.com

Confidentiality Notice

This message is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys 1230 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3750 Atlanta, GA 30309

Answered on: 3/10/05, 8:35 am by Jim Hough

Re: driver license problems

Much depends on the manner in which the case was handled. I would be pleased to speak with you further, if you can provide me with information about how the cases were completed.

Jim Hough

770-607-5300

Thomas J. Hough, Jr., P.C. P. O. Box 892 Cartersville, GA 30120-0892