Georgia  |  Criminal Law

subject

If a person is charged with a felony in (example of a year) 1996 and through the course of life, ended up with other charges classifing as misdemenors, yet the charges were all ran together. Does that still classify that individual as committing a felon all over again, all though the felony was committed over 7 years ago? As mentioned earlier, the sentences were all ran together. Is that still considered as committing a felony since the first offense within the time frame of those seven years? look foward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Answered on: 3/13/05, 3:46 pm by Jim Hough

Re: subject

I am sorry but I do not understand your question. If you were ever a convicted felon, the new misdemeanor charges would not by that fact alone be considered felonies. I am not certain what is meant by running them together where there is seven years between the offenses.

If you want to discuss this further, just give me a call at 770-607-5300.

Jim Hough

Thomas J. Hough, Jr., P.C. P. O. Box 892 Cartersville, GA 30120-0892