Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

I took my ex employer to small claims court to recover my paychecks for the full

month of March, the first week I worked in April, and for three days of work

that I worked on documentation from home after my separation date, per the

employee contract that I finish all outstanding documentation to get my final

paycheck. I had to get the department of labor and a lawyer involved, who told

me that since I was salaried, the contract was void under the FLSA.

The judge said that the contract was not void and was still valid. She counter

sued me for $15,000 in damages for breach of contract because the documents that

I had completed were not signed. I am waiting for the judgment in the mail. In

the event that I should have to pay her and not get my wages, what are my

options for getting paid? I feel like this would be a violation of FLSA, to not

get paid for 5 weeks of salaried work.

Asked on 9/14/13, 1:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally, when you lose in Court (and exhaust appeals, if you choose) that is it. You are required to raise, or waive, any legal arguments you may have in the case.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/13, 2:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now