Georgia  |  Technology Law

I am a young guy in high school, and I make web templates. I release them with no copyright because I believe in free (as in: freedom) code and software. I don't care if someone else uses my work or steals it and claims it as their own; I'm flattered that they would use it, and that's all that matters (at this point).

However, I've been thinking about this lately, and I really really want to go to college for web design and make my own business doing freelance web-work for companies. Obviously when that happens though I won't release my work to the public.

When I apply for college, I want to show them the work (templates) that I've done, which I keep neatly archived on my portfolio website. What I'm asking is when I apply and put my portfolio on my application, would it matter if I released the templates to the public without a copyright? If so, what can I do to keep my work application-friendly and free to the public at the same time?