Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

Christmas Pictures ruined

I dropped some black and white film off to be developed. I specifically asked if this location could develop black and white film because it contained my family's Christmas morning pictures. I was told that they could be developed at this location. I returned an hour later to pick up my film only to be told that my film had been destroyed in their machine. I was then told that they couldn't process ''professional'' film and that was why my pictures were destroyed. My husband and I looked to see if there was a sign stating certain types of film that they could not accept, but there was NOT one. I have since asked for compensation from this company, but have not gotten a response except to say they will look into it. Is there anything we can do?

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Christmas Pictures ruined

You could sue in small claims court for the value of the roll of film. I don't think a judge would award you much for emotional distress but you can give it a try.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Consumer Law Legal Forms