Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

Christmas Pictures ruined

I dropped some black and white film off to be developed. I specifically asked if this location could develop black and white film because it contained my family's Christmas morning pictures. I was told that they could be developed at this location. I returned an hour later to pick up my film only to be told that my film had been destroyed in their machine. I was then told that they couldn't process ''professional'' film and that was why my pictures were destroyed. My husband and I looked to see if there was a sign stating certain types of film that they could not accept, but there was NOT one. I have since asked for compensation from this company, but have not gotten a response except to say they will look into it. Is there anything we can do?

Asked on 1/16/03, 4:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Christmas Pictures ruined

You could sue in small claims court for the value of the roll of film. I don't think a judge would award you much for emotional distress but you can give it a try.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/03, 11:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now