Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

should a 24 year old man hire an attorney for 2 charges of aggravated child molestation with a 13 year old even if she was more than willing and the evidence is very strong against him.or should he plead guilty and hope for the best with a court appointed attorney

Asked on 9/17/13, 9:33 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Someone facing years of prison (and unpleasant years at that) and a lifetime of being an outcast from society probably should get the best lawyer they can find and not "hope for the best." The lawyer will probably advise that "she wanted it" is never a good defense, nor is admitting guilt on the internet.

Read more
9/17/13, 9:43 am
Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A 13 year old cannot consent. A 13 year old cannot consent. See website for info on retaining the right attorney:

Good luck.

Read more
9/17/13, 9:44 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A 13 year old cannot legally consent. You face up to 20 years in prison, and then a lifetime of being unemployable as you will be a registered sex offender. You need the best lawyer you can find.

Read more
9/17/13, 1:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now