Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

i am an escort recruiter and by mistake I asked a potential employee if she was willing to perform a*n* sex for our clients and I asked this question via email... Is this illegal and can I be arrested for asking such questions? someone sent me another email stating that they have me on email asking this question and that the cops are watching... I am just a recruiter... I don't go to the place where the escorts work... please help i'm scared...

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Get a very good criminal lawyer (and quit your job). You may be going to prison. Many prosecutors would be happy to send you there on these facts. What you are doing is despicable to say the least (and you already know that, since you're working for a thinly disguised place of prosecution).

Pimping occurs when someone:

•offers or agrees to obtain a prostitute for another

•offers or agrees to arrange a meeting for purposes of prostitution

•directs or transports another person somewhere for the purpose of prostitution

•receives the earnings of a prostitute, or

•aids, advises, or commands an act of prostitution. (Ga. Code Ann. § 16-6-11.)

Pandering involves either

•soliciting someone to engage in prostitution on his or her behalf, or on behalf of a third person, or

•gathering people together for the purpose of being solicited to engage in prostitution. (Ga. Code Ann. § 16-6-12.)

Depending on the exact facts, and age of the potential employee, you may be guilty of a felony or misdemeanor, and besides jail may see your photo in the paper, and, in some cases may be required to register as a sex offender.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You are part of a criminal enterprise, and you should know it. It is no different than "recruiting" for a drug dealer or other illegal business. You have a big, big problem. See a criminal lawyer this week.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia