Georgia  |  Criminal Law

My fiance was arrested for theft by receiving a little over 2 years ago. He served 9 months in Gwinnett county detention center and was given 7 years probation. Last year he failed his drug test and service 30 days for violating. This past January he got a new charge in Rockdale County but was released 3 days later on signature bond. He was doing community service that he was given in court, a total of 125 hrs. On April 20 he was pulled over for speeding and arrested because he had a warrant in Gwinnett because of the new charge in Rockdale. How long can i expect him to be in jail this time? How long will it take for him to get a court date? Is it possible his gwinnett charge and rockdale charge can run concurrently as time served?

Answered on: 9/13/13, 10:53 am by Martin Hilliard

The Gwinnett charge will take place here and the Rockdale charge will be taken care of there. For the most part and I know in Gwinnett County, the Defense attorney doesn't control the Judge's docket or scheduling. Is your fiancÚ represented? Has there been a bond petition filed on his behalf? Is there are Probation hearing scheduled yet? What was his charge in Rockdale? Too many questions at this point to give a more accurate answer other than what I have given thus far.

Martin G. Hilliard, PC 370 Shyrewood Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30043