Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

My fiance was arrested for theft by receiving a little over 2 years ago. He served 9 months in Gwinnett county detention center and was given 7 years probation. Last year he failed his drug test and service 30 days for violating. This past January he got a new charge in Rockdale County but was released 3 days later on signature bond. He was doing community service that he was given in court, a total of 125 hrs. On April 20 he was pulled over for speeding and arrested because he had a warrant in Gwinnett because of the new charge in Rockdale. How long can i expect him to be in jail this time? How long will it take for him to get a court date? Is it possible his gwinnett charge and rockdale charge can run concurrently as time served?

Asked on 4/24/13, 5:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The Gwinnett charge will take place here and the Rockdale charge will be taken care of there. For the most part and I know in Gwinnett County, the Defense attorney doesn't control the Judge's docket or scheduling. Is your fiancÚ represented? Has there been a bond petition filed on his behalf? Is there are Probation hearing scheduled yet? What was his charge in Rockdale? Too many questions at this point to give a more accurate answer other than what I have given thus far.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now