Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

My fiance was arrested for theft by receiving a little over 2 years ago. He served 9 months in Gwinnett county detention center and was given 7 years probation. Last year he failed his drug test and service 30 days for violating. This past January he got a new charge in Rockdale County but was released 3 days later on signature bond. He was doing community service that he was given in court, a total of 125 hrs. On April 20 he was pulled over for speeding and arrested because he had a warrant in Gwinnett because of the new charge in Rockdale. How long can i expect him to be in jail this time? How long will it take for him to get a court date? Is it possible his gwinnett charge and rockdale charge can run concurrently as time served?

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

The Gwinnett charge will take place here and the Rockdale charge will be taken care of there. For the most part and I know in Gwinnett County, the Defense attorney doesn't control the Judge's docket or scheduling. Is your fiancÚ represented? Has there been a bond petition filed on his behalf? Is there are Probation hearing scheduled yet? What was his charge in Rockdale? Too many questions at this point to give a more accurate answer other than what I have given thus far.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia