Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

i was recently arrested for dui on my property, i was never on a public road, i bumped into my sons county work truck,the supervisor requested the State patrol to write the report, they got real serious with me when i questioned their authority, i hadnt drank before the incident but waiting on them too almost 2 hours to arrive, being nervous and tired and in fear of my son losing his job i was inside when they arrived, and had several drinks, when they questione me outside I panicked and started rambling, i took the sobriety tests but refused the subsequent test although i did ask the officer at the jail about it and he said i refused and left it at that. once they saw i had a CDL they really got pushy, know what i know when police officers see a cdl they get real hard,my question is do i have a defense or was it prejudice against me

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Frankly, who is going to believe that a person with a CDL license would drink at the scene of a accident after the accident while waiting on the State Patrol. (It is possible to have a DUI arrest on private property). Your refusal of a test is almost certainly going to get your license suspended.

You need a lawyer, and be sure to tell him what actually happened so he can properly assist you with any defenses.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia