Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/07/12, 1:06 pm

I had my name changed 23 years ago, I needed a copy of that order to get my license because my birth certificate has my birth name on it. According to both the county and the state, there is no record of the name change in their files. What does this mean for my wife and children?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/07/12, 4:08 pm by Glen Ashman

Name changes are done in court and courts don't destroy records. Assuming you really filed, and you did not keep a copy, you need to check with the court where you filed it. It sounds like someone may have misplaced a file, so this may take effort on your part.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search