Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

When does a civil contempt (i.e. child support) expire, before having to re-file and what is the supported case law and/or statute?

Asked on 6/06/13, 12:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on the facts and orders. If you want research, many lawyers will be happy to do that for you for a fee. This is not a free research service.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 3:25 am
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I am not sure what you mean by expire. If you filed for contempt and received an order and that order was not complied with, you would have to file another contempt. If the contempt was satisfied and the payor is now in arrears again, you will have to file a new action. Sounds as if you need an income deduction order. As to obtaining case law and/or statutes, I suggest you speak with an attorney and pay for his/her services.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 9:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now