Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i want to move in with my boyfriend he is legally an adult. but im still in high school in the fall of 2011 i will be in the 11th grade. and he is out of high school. and i was wondering if he can legally enroll me into a high school in the state of Georgia . Millen Georgia (jekins county) if that helps any . or if his parents can legally adopt me without parents concent

Asked on 4/06/11, 2:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Of course not, and you are doing nothing but going down a road of ruining your life. There is a word for adult me who choose young 10th grade girls as their girlfriend -- they are called predators.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/11, 2:49 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Of course not. The outcome will likely be:

(1) Your boyfriend probably ends up in prison. (he belongs there for many years as he is a sexual predator and you need to get away from him).

(2) You may end up in juvenile detention.

He cannot enroll you in school. His parents cannot adopt you. And if his parents are okay with all this, his parents may end up in prison too.

Counseling is available in your school. Please seek it. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/11, 4:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now