Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i was woundering if i could take my son from his mother as long as ive done a dna test to prove paternity. im not on child support at the time, but i would be willing to get on it if i needed to to see him. i do send money now when i can to help out, but she doesn't let me see him or anything and wants me to sign over my rights to him and i dont want to do that. i live in georgia now and she lives in texas. if i can't take him from her can i at least get visitation of him on major holidays and his birthday?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If you go get the child at this point, expect to land in jail for many years for kidnapping.

You will need to hire a lawyer in Texas and seek visitation. The court likely will also set child support.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia