Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/25/10, 3:20 am

I was arrested for battery, smple battery and disorderly conduct, the state chose not to prosecute but was placed in pre trial diversion. I was required to perform community service, pay court admin costs and pay for a anger assessment. I retained the services of an attorney who worked in my favor on these allegation.The person who made these alegations made false statements to authorities and later recanted it to the local magistrates office. Do I have ground for a law suit for damages against the person who made false statements and is there a time limit to take action.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search