Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

I was not injured but my life was in danger. Is there any legal action I can tak

I was with two other guys riding motorcycles when we got into a bad rain storm. We stopped at a Flash Foods to get out of the rain when an awning that went across the whole face of the building fell. It hit the other two guys but I was able to get out of the way and it feel two feet in front of me. One of the guys almost died and is now at a hospital in Atlanta rehabilitaing. The other guy was in the hospital for one day. I missed a day out of work and it was very tramatic. It there anything I can do?

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: I was not injured but my life was in danger. Is there any legal action I can

All three of you need to consult with an attorney. The individual facts of each of your situations need to be investigated. Feel free to contact my office if you would like to discuss the situation further.

Wayne Wisong Wayne Wisong, Attorney at Law

It sounds like a potential meritorious negligence case. The one's who were injured will have the best case. I agree you should all contact attorneys. You can contact me at wwisong@earthlink.net

Jim Hough Thomas J. Hough, Jr., P.C.

The crux of any claim in this situation could revolve around the issue of whether there was any negligence on the part of Flash Foods or the owner of the building in maintaining the awning which fell. As to your particular case, I know you have said that you received no injury, which I take to mean no physical injury. Were you physically involved, however slightly, as a result of the falling awning? Please contact this office for a no obligation, free consultation.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia