Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Hello. I have insurance coverage the statefarm for my car. I was involved in an auto accident on 12-20-2012. In surance company claims coverage lapsed on policy on 12-19-2012 midnight. My statements say due date is the 28 the of the month they claim the 6 the. They also accepted the insurance premium on the car the day of the accident and are now denying the claim. What to do I still owe 18000 on this car.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You provide the wrong information. The due date for a bill is not the same thing as the coverage period. Further, while it is probably important they accepted a payment (coincidentally, the day of the accident), that also does not firmly answer the question of whether coverage was in place. For $18,000 it is worth paying for an hour or so of time from a lawyer to review the documents -- and you'll need to gather all documents, bills and cancelled checks or other evidence of payments.

Sam Levine Law Office of Sam Levine LLC

Hello, not a problem. I would recommend that you speak with me on the phone so I can get a little more detail. I have handled many matters such as the one you have here. I can be reached on my cell phone 24/7, including over the weekend @ (404) 468-4689. You pay state farm premiums to cover you if you ever get in any car accidents. You deserve better. Talk to you soon.

Sam Levine, Esq.

(404) 303-8875

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia