Georgia  |  Personal Injury

Rear Ended

I was stopped at red light was hit twice by the same driver in the rear causing me to hit car infront of me. My medical bills are $13,000.00 My truck was totaled and I did receive a check for it. Insurance company keep giving me runaround. Ajuster says he can't auth a neg price his max authority is only $3,000.00 I wrote demand letter and as of last weekm his boss was out of town he will call me back. Hospital/ambulance etc people are calling me wanting their money. I have stressed over this since jan 11 What should I do? Wait for them to respond? Did I ruin my chances in court?? Any help would be appreciated. Thank yo

Answered on: 5/05/08, 12:16 pm by Clark McGehee

Re: Rear Ended

You have a valid claim, but you need to hire an attorney as soon as possible to obtain a decent settlement, as the adjustor will not take your case seriously, or pay what your case is worth, until an attorney is involved. Our firm has been involved in these type cases for decades, and can provide you an initial free consultation. Additional information on our firm may be found at www.johnsonward.com.

Johnson & Ward 100 Peachtree St., Suite 2100 Atlanta, GA 30303-1912

Answered on: 5/04/08, 11:03 am by Glen Ashman

Re: Rear Ended

The best way to get a lousy settlement in an accident case is to not promptly hire a lawyer and the absolute worst thing you can do is to talk to the adjuster. You have done everything wrong to date, but sometimes a lawyer can repair some of the damage and help you. If you're in metro Atlanta call me for an appointment and let me review your case.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 5/04/08, 11:17 am by Billy Tomlinson

Re: Rear Ended

Each case has different factors that play into the valuation of a case. You need an attorney to help evaluate and negotiate your case. You are welcome to contact our office for more information.

Tomlinson & Associates, LLC P.O. Box 2997 Richmond Hill, GA 31324

Answered on: 5/04/08, 12:23 pm by Linda Bass

Re: Rear Ended

The main focus of our practice is representing victims of auto accidents. You need an attorney to help you with the insurance company.

Please give me a call and I will be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Linda G. Bass, LLC 1270 Caroline St., Suite D 120-328 Atlanta, GA 30307

Answered on: 5/04/08, 1:07 pm by Robert Windholz

Re: Rear Ended

It appears you are located near Savannah. Call me and I'll be glad to refer you to a top personal injury attorney in your area.

Robert S. Windholz, Attorney At Law 8565 Dunwoody Place Building 15 Atlanta, GA 30350

Answered on: 5/04/08, 9:28 pm by mark zamora

Re: Rear Ended

If your medical bills are $13,000, and the maximum offer by the adjuster is $3,000, I would suggest that the adjuster will never reach $6,000, much less getting at least to your medical bills.

What happens next? The first concern is how bad your injuries were and are. If you are still seeing the doctor, this is not the time to try to settle your case.

If you are done seeing the doctor(s), in all likelihood you may be dealing with Safeway, or Allstate, or UAIC, perhaps Nationwide/Progressive ... any of those means that your best bet is to talk with 1 or more lawyers.

Lawsuits are lengthy and drawn out. The courts are full of them, but you should at least get a FREE opinion and what your options are. You may not like the options, but you should know them.

Mark Zamora

mark zamora law offices 2 ravinia drive Atlanta, GA 30346