Legal Question in Product Liability in Georgia

I was robbed in my university dorm and was wondering if there is anything to do with regards to having the schools insurance cover my losses

Asked on 5/07/13, 7:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Does the school have an insurance policy that covers the personal property of students in dorms? That is highly unlikely, but no one here would likely know. People are generally responsible for insuring their own personal property in dorms, apartments, homes or anywhere else. That insurance is available, and some homeowners policies will cover children's personal property in dorms (usually additional coverage that must be added with a fee). It is the student's or parent's responsibility to get it - the school gets insurance for its property.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Products Liability Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now