Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/24/13, 10:48 am

My dad died in TX with no will. There was an estate opened there that is long settled. The attorney for the estate did not open auxiliary estates in FL or Ga or WVA. My brother and my 2 sisters scurried around and got buyers who would accept quit claim deeds for the properties in W.VA and Valdosta, GA. Even though I did not participate, both W.VA and Ga moved the property ownership to the quit claim deed buyers. Is this legal? I paid the taxes on both the W.Va and Valdosta, GA properties for awhile, but stopped when the ownership was transferred to other people.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search