Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/09/12, 7:52 pm

I have a judgment but need to find employer for garnishment. Do I need an attorney to help me complete garnishment?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/09/12, 8:02 pm by Glen Ashman

First of all, since you posted in the part of Law Guru that deals with house closings, title searches and boundary disputes, the collection attorneys on LawGuru will never see your post.

As you have found, it is a waste of time and filing fees to sue someone unless you know before you sue that the person has assets and how you plan to collect. Good discovery during your case, if you had handled it properly, could have easily gotten your answer (why didn't you serve interrogatories, one of which would have been "State your employer's name and address.")

If your judgment is large and collectable, you might want to retain a collection lawyer or collection agency and use their expertise.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search