Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I have a judgment but need to find employer for garnishment. Do I need an attorney to help me complete garnishment?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

First of all, since you posted in the part of Law Guru that deals with house closings, title searches and boundary disputes, the collection attorneys on LawGuru will never see your post.

As you have found, it is a waste of time and filing fees to sue someone unless you know before you sue that the person has assets and how you plan to collect. Good discovery during your case, if you had handled it properly, could have easily gotten your answer (why didn't you serve interrogatories, one of which would have been "State your employer's name and address.")

If your judgment is large and collectable, you might want to retain a collection lawyer or collection agency and use their expertise.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia