Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

want to know about quit claim deeds in GA to add me to father's property but not the loan was told by the bank that holds the mortgage that would help keep house out care homes hand in case something was to happen to him. The bank said if I got one and if something happens to dad (dies) the loan would be mine and I waouldn't have to get my own just finish paying off his

Asked on 3/30/13, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your post makes almost no sense as posted but I gather you are trying to get added to your father's land as a co-owner. That carries numerous potential problems - including Medicare and Medicaid lookback rules, federal gift tax returns, due on sale clauses, etc.

See a lawyer with details to discuss the pros and cons.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/13, 5:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now