Georgia  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/13/13, 6:18 pm

I was in an accident and the other party decided to not pursue charges. I have a letter stating the case is closed and not being pursued any further.

Can this case be reopened after its closed?

Also, I believe the officer had a typo as he stated the incident took place on the 8th and not the 9th when it occurred. I've been advised that the date doesn't matter since we have a letter stating the case is closed.

Is this correct?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/13/13, 6:22 pm by Glen Ashman

You're obviously confused.

The other party in an accident CANNOT pursue (or drop) charges. While usually you would not be charged later, you can be charged up to two years after the accident.

Additionally, if you damaged the other vehicle or the other party, they have two years to sue you. No one would release that claim without a check.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search